- A person is sticking it to the man, by boasting up the price of their home that was purchased for $25,000 to $5 million! The location: Adjecnt to where Little Caesers arena is being built.
- Ford investing 1.2 Billion in 3 South East Michigan Ford plants
- Detroit schools, state consider deal to avoid closures
The plan involves Eastern Michigan University, the University of Michigan, Michigan State University and Wayne State University, according to the Michigan Department of Education.
The four institutions would help set “high but attainable” goals at two dozen city schools that had been targeted by the state for closure, improving academic achievement and decreasing chronic absenteeism and teacher vacancies.
- Under Armor is opening a store Downtown, just a couple of doors down from rival Nike
- The Detroit Pistons are all but eliminated from playoff contention. Yes they could theoretically go on a mini winning streak, and Miami or Indiana could go on a mini losing streak — but the Pistons are 2-8 in their last ten games. In other words, it’s looking grim.
- 71 year old Carolyn StarkeyDarden got sentenced to 18 months in prison for her role in a $1 Million tutorial scam on Detroit Public Schools. Click this link for the full story
- 555 UNTESTED rape kits found in a Detroit Police warehouse
A second backlog of more than 500 untested Detroit rape kits languished in storage for years after more than 11,000 other unprocessed evidence packages were discovered in a warehouse in 2009, prosecutors say.
- Two people were killed (including an innocent driver) following a deadly crash after a high speed chase on Detroit’s west side